1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My system is running at 100 to 104 degress?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fryguy99, Jan 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fryguy99

fryguy99 Thread Starter

I have an Msi K7t266 Pro 2 RU Mobo with Athlon XP 1600, and a coolmaster processing fan. The case I have is a Antec 1030 which came with 3 fans one pulling two pushing. I upgraded to a 350W powersupply. My question is according to PC doctor the software that comes with my board, that my processor is running at 37c (100 to 104 degrees), is this normal? What is standard?

Any advice would be great

2. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Below Normal

3. Brooks

Brooks Guest

Standard is 90c.

Your is running on the cool side which is good.

4. FlaFoci

FlaFoci

Are thoes temps at idle or under a load, such as photoshop or a game ??

5. deuce

deuce

AMD runs hot so that is way below normal. Anybody would kill for 37C... or atleast I would. Apperantly you have your cooling solution set up really well. I don't know AMD very well... but I am pretty sure idle should be 45C or so, load should be 50 to 55C. it shouldn't get much more than 60, but if it does, it will be fine. I would worry if it gets to 70 or 75. That is hotter than any processor will run. Those AMD should make it to 80 or even 90 no problem, but don't push it. They run very slow at that temp too...

90 is the critical temp for any processor. If I were you I'd set your PC Doctor to shut down if the cpu fan stops, drops below 2000 rpm, or goes above 78 or 80C... and also set it to warn you if the fan drops below 2500 or 3000 rpm, and cpu goes over 75.

6. fryguy99

fryguy99 Thread Starter

Hey thanks all for your advice! These numbers are from hours of playing a solid game or a program, exp...Photshop, Dreamweaver, etc. I have been a member with 3d guru, but it seems that they do not exist any longer. I have know found a replacment, thank again.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice