1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Taskbar Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PrincessAmunet, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessAmunet

PrincessAmunet Thread Starter

I have Windows 7 on my laptop. For the past week, the taskbar has been taking spells where it will freeze and I cannot click anything on it. If I click the bar several times, however, a popup message comes up saying Internet Explorer is not responding and will give me a selection of whether to restart the program or close the program. Either of these choices causes the taskbar to refresh and it will be operational again for a little while until it freezes again. This has typically been happening when I have Windows Media Player running but the problem didn't begin until I installed some software for a Wacom Bamboo tablet. The most confusing thing about it is that I haven't even had Internet Explorer opened or running when this happens. Could the Media Player be causing this problem or is it my tablet software? I have run virus scans and have discovered that it is not a virus that could be causing it. What can I do to fix this?

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

I would say to try and uninstall the software from Bamboo tablet, reboot and see if this problems continues, if not, then you know for sure it is the software that you installed is causing the problem.
    If the problem persists, then you will have to continue to Plan B.

Good luck and Happy New Year
    Ray

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice