My Tip on cleaning your Keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vreyens

Hi All,
Here's what I used. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
All you do is cut a small chunk, dampen it, ring out
any excess water. Cleans between the keys ect. Made
my old keyboard look new.
Barry

Money Pit

Dave
I remember a lengthy board conversation on here a few years back about actually washing your keyboard in the dishwasher. I personally never tried it but several did at the time and they seemed convinced that a keyboard could be washed in water as long as it was allowed to dry before using again. I dunno? :)

A trick I use is to cover the keyboard with Cling Wrap. :) Sure helps and is easy to replace. ;) :D

aarhus2004

Gone but always remembered
n2gun said:
A trick I use is to cover the keyboard with Cling Wrap. :) Sure helps and is easy to replace. ;) :D
If you mean, n2gun, type through the wrap and it works, that is quite the most excellent of tips I have ever read. It belongs in the Random "Brilliant ideas" thread as well.

You are to be congratulated. (y)

Ben.

aarhus2004 said:
If you mean, n2gun, type through the wrap and it works, that is quite the most excellent of tips I have ever read. It belongs in the Random "Brilliant ideas" thread as well.

You are to be congratulated. (y)

Ben.
Yes type right thru the wrap. Works great for me. Keyboard still looks brand new. :) :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
As cheap as keyboards are, I just replace them when they die. ;)

aarhus2004

Gone but always remembered
n2gun said:
Yes type right thru the wrap. Works great for me. Keyboard still looks brand new. :) :D
Hi, n2gun,

It is wrapped and all I have to figure is the desktop lighting so there is no glare on the wrap - that's no problem. For some reason (in the past) my keyboard keys got pretty dirty, and, with my diminishing eyesight and typing 'no how' this tip gives me added scope and ease for a long time.

I don't know from where you got the idea, n2gun, but your posting it here is memorable for at least me.

Thank-you.

Ben.

Guyzer

Guy
Hey Barry... that`s the best idea I have seen yet. Those erasers work great for all kinds of stuff.
I still use this when I`m in a hurry.................

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online