1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my touchpad isnt working properly

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Josh12345, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Josh12345

Josh12345 Thread Starter

Okay first of all I am sorry for my broken English,
    So I was eating strawberry while watching Netflix on my Lenovo laptop. I toke bite on strawberry and it splashed on my touchpad, normally when water dropped i used to clean with my shirt and everything was going okay after that. But this time even after I cleaned touchpad it didnt work out. My touchpad was working so slowly and when i tried to move left it was moving another direction. So i tried to clean with wet wipe maybe if there is stain on the touchpad or something like that. Everything got worse. I cant use my touchpad it doesnt move , when it moves usually go different locations. As a student i need to work on on my studies and this laptop is my only device. My cellphone is not usable i need a quick help. Some people might say shut off the laptop and wait 1 day or remove the batteries or something like that but i need to use now. I dropped water a lot of times and after i wiped it worked normally. But this time nothing helps it and i am so scared can i use hairdryer?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Don't use a hairdryer!!!

Get a USB mouse and use that instead of the touchpad. I've owned 5 laptops and never used the touchpad on any of them. The first thing I do is attach a mouse.

3. Josh12345

Josh12345 Thread Starter

Okay lets be clear :)
    I am not using this computer on my desk. Its more like easy carriable laptop. Mouses are big and exra item. I am using this laptop on while lying on couch or more comfortable places. I will not use mouse so someone can help me this touchpad? Even if you share keyboard shortways i will be okay. I wanna change the tab for example.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

There are so called laptop mouses, they are about half the size of a regular mouse. If you don't want to use a mouse, then the only option is to take it to a shop and have them replace the touchpad component. Use a mouse - cheaper than repair job.

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    My mouse is a mobile mouse and I carry my laptops around with the tiny dongle attached.
    In fact, I put it in a padded laptop case with no problem.

6. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    What is the make and full model of the laptop ?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225650

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice