1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My tv clicks, but doesn't turn on?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spit_Me_Out, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spit_Me_Out

Spit_Me_Out Thread Starter

Jun 20, 2007
    Well, we bought out TV about 6 years ago, and just all of a sudden last night, we were watching it, went outside, and came back in, and it was off. We tried to turn it back on, and it clicked like it was going to turn on, but it clicked off right afterword.

Today, we took the back off, looking for a problem, we cleaned all the dust out, looked for a broken fuse, but everything seemed fine.

Can any one help me find out whats wrong? We can't afford a new tv right now.
  2. kiwiguy

Aug 17, 2003
    In reality the "click" could indicate any of a thousand component failures.

It is most likely the power supply section shutting down due to overload or as a result of a component failure.

The failure could be in the audio, video, EHT, or any other of the sections, the effect is all that is seen, not the cause. Usually nothing is visible to the eye in the way of the failed component. When they are, the problem usual involves other components as well, unseen.

If it had been a fuse blown, it would have had a 99% chance of being a component failure that caused it as well, they seldom blow without a reason. Replacing the fuse and trying again often just drives the fault deeper taking out even more components.

Sad to say it's either a repair or a replace. There is no way to diagnose the problem remotely. And to remove any concerns as to the advice, I am a qualified TV engineer, though not working in that field.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/586597