1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My TV went out!!!!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by TeresaR, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TeresaR

TeresaR Thread Starter

I have a question about my TV. I have had a Phillips tv for over 5 yrs. The size is a 42 inch, maybe larger. The tv will not come on even if we hold the power switch for a while. The light blinks in increments of 5 seconds then stops. What is the problem?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Plasma? LCD? CRT? (tube)

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Since you didn't specify model number:

Problem: No power or indicator light.

Possible cause and solution:
    The TV is not connected to the power.
    Press POWER at the side of the TV or on the remote control.
    Ensure that the AC power cord is connected tightly to the TV power connector and to the power socket outlet.
    Remove the AC power cord from the power socket outlet, wait 60 seconds and reconnect the AC power cord.
    Connect the TV to a different power socket outlet.

Failing that you will most likely need a repair. Contact Philips to confirm.

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

Some TVs blink a diagnostic code, or have a service menu that can be activated with the remote. Can you provide the TV model number?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082214

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice