1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My username got cut off

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Computer Ninja, Jan 11, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Computer Ninja

Computer Ninja Thread Starter

Is there any way you can make it "Computer Ninja" instead of "Computer Nin"?

I'd highly appreciate it.

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Computer Nin
    That is an Admin function so Either Acacandy or Mikey (TechGuy) will have to do that for you. Another option is to abandon the tag of "Computer Nin" and go through the effort of signing up again. If that is the course you wish to take then let Candy or Mikey know so they can remove the abandoned name.

Dave

3. Computer Ninja

Thank you.

4. Computer Ninja

It actually doesn't let me have a name longer than that. That sucks. Why would anyone limit that? This is the only vBulletin board I'm on that has this limit. Hmmm...

5. Davey7549

Davey7549

Computer Nin
    Really I was not aware of that! I did a scan of several pages within the members section and saw names up to 14 charatures. I guess I must of misinformed you. Will have to look and find when that changed.

Dave

PS: Went to the signup screen and you are correct it is now limited to twelve charatures. I am sure Mike had a good reason for the limiter! Sorry!

6. jm100dm

jm100dm

My guess was to make room for the avatar.

jm100dm

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

It appears to show up here, once you are in the thread itself, but for some reason doesn't make it all the way on the main page where you see the postings under the category....wondering if there is some column width limitation.......hmmmm.....will have a look in the admin area.........

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Maximum user name appears to be set at 12......let me have Mike look into this as it is not making sense to me.......

9. jm100dm

jm100dm

Appearently someone has fixed this for you. It appears here now too. Did not as of Sat.

Jm100dm

10. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I've set you up to "Computer Ninja" (per your PM to me), but it may break apart if you add an avatar. If that's the case, I might have to cut you back down, but maybe to something like "CompNinja" if it's available.

11. Computer Ninja

Thanks, TechGuy.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice