1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My video is upside down.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by SiNNiK, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Thread Starter

I had bought a GoPro Hero HD camera with visions of grandeur and aspirations of becoming the next George Lucas.

Needless to say my videos don’t anything like the videos posted on GoPro’s site and while it is no surprise that there is a lot of reading I have to do in order to learn how to create videos more like those posted on GoPro’s site, I’m frustrated that I can’t seem to find the “shallow end” of the pool.
    Everything is vcd’s and dvd’s and a bunch of 123’s in the lmnop’s, and I don’t know what all else is being said. I’m lost.

I’ve been using Quick Media Converter to try and change the format to .avi in order to import the video into Windows Movie Maker or VirtualDub but I keep running into problems involving VBR so that the videos I converted won’t even play in iTunes or load into the editing software previously mentioned. Codecs aren’t right or something, I have no idea.

So I figure I’d start with baby steps, like my video is upside down. Are there any programs that will turn the video right side up without having to change the format from .mp4, or at least if I have to change formats, is there one that will do so without losing any definition?

Here’s a video I took with the Hero HD camera, and posted on youtube. I realize that I can’t do anything about the Jello effect, but it really shows how poor my videos are turning out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0leu6qdaFtE

I realize this is probably a very basic question and it may even irritate some on this board that I had asked it, but short of paying for a class on this, I’ve got nothing.

Thanks for any help. :)

2. SiNNiK

SiNNiK Thread Starter

44 views and no help to be had? Someone has to have a free minute to share a link.

Where did y'all start learning about making videos? Maybe I can just start there?

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/940567