Solved My WD mycloud is not syncing since new ssd

dannys22

I found out that since I cloned my drive and installed the new NVMe ssd that wdsync isn't updating. WDSYNC is the western digital software for syncing my document folder to my cloud. I have asked over at the WD Support forum, but haven't got it figured out yet. They all say to switch to another software for syncing, I'm just asking in case someone here might know. Attached is the error message I get.
MANY THANKS as I getting dumber with my old age. I grew up with DOS 3.3 and 5 1/4" floppy disks. The current world is advancing faster than I can.
Danny

Attachments

Couriant

James
I wonder if the sync was using the hardware id of the hard drive so now that info is not the same as it know.

Does the folder even exist? Are you logging into the computer as the user 'Danny'?

dannys22

I wonder if the sync was using the hardware id of the hard drive so now that info is not the same as it know.

Does the folder even exist? Are you logging into the computer as the user 'Danny'?
Not sure about the H/W id. Of course when I built the system I did a fresh install of Win 10 Pro 64. O guess I could to reinstall WDSync if I can find the original file.
Yes the document folder does exist. I also have full access to my cloud and can move files and access them from my Android phone with the My Cloud app.
THANKS for the help.
Danny

Based on the error message, it does look to be a hardware id issue as it says the drive is missing, but it does not denote a drive letter. Try redoing the sync settings for that folder in WDSync (ie: reselect this folder on the new drive as one that you want to sync). That should update the HWID to the new drive.

dannys22

Based on the error message, it does look to be a hardware id issue as it says the drive is missing, but it does not denote a drive letter. Try redoing the sync settings for that folder in WDSync (ie: reselect this folder on the new drive as one that you want to sync). That should update the HWID to the new drive.
Thanks for the reply. I tried that, was able to added the "my document" folder but then it didn't any files. After trying to uninstall the WD Sync and WD access and reinstalling, I had the files from 2016, still didn't want to add. So, to make a LONG story short, I gave up and installed Free File Sync and it works great.
THANKS again.
Danny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online