Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My webhosting hunt!

2K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  ZP-Apps 
#1 ·
I have gone round and round in circles to try and find the best.... no.... SOME free hosting that has all the features I need. I've looked for days and still haven't found any hosts that tick the boxes below:

√ Very good uptime
√ A decent amount of disk space
√ A decent amount of bandwidth
√ PHP support
√ 1 (or more) MySQL Database
√ Perl
√ CGI
√ No ads
√ Email accounts
√ cPanel
√ Compatibility with a .co.uk domain via Nameservers

I am struggling to find a hosting with these features, so I thought I'd turn to you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Ethanw

#4 ·
Have a look at Limewebs.com I use them for testing web sites. Excellent CS, no adds. FTP can be fiddly but overall very impressed and best of all its free...with limitations of course.
Thanks for the reply - but I don't think that is compatible with .co.uk domains - or have some of the features I have posted.

I am about to sign up to HostAider.com (free option). Do you think this is a good host?

Thanks,

Ethanw

#6 ·
99.9% uptime is fun to say and advertise, but the reality doesn't match what's scribbled on the screen. Read the TOS for all the ways around that.

webhostingtalk.com is the site you should be on.

I use VPS and dedicated boxes, I have great uptime. Shared hosts depend on who it is, what you're trying to run, your traffic, etc.

You need to give
- your budget
- your location, and location where you prefer the server

Sorry, but "free" isn't a budget.

If that's the route you insist on, then again, visit WHT.

#7 ·
I tried to join up with hostaider out of curiousity , geeeez what a pain.
You have to join the forum first then chose a domain name then sign up for hosting then you have to wait for the sql or something to catch up with your signing. pfffff

Reading their forum...not a lot of happy campers.
AND if you want extra things they insist you make 50 posts at least a month on their forum!!!
Never known a hosting company so hell bent on preventing new customers.

First impressions matter and sorry Hostaider I was not impressed. I wonder how much they pay to hosting comparison web sites ??!!

#10 ·
HostAider wouldn't let me sign up - it came up with loads of errors!

I went with HelioHost and it is very good! The problem is that I only have 250 MB of space, and on my site there is a Forum, an Ad Server (both takes 100MB), and ever user takes (average) 2 MB on the server! That means I will only be able to fit 50 users on my site! I hope that before that I move on to paid hosting (I'm gonna use X10Hosting).

squashman said:
If you want all this free then host it yourself.
How is this possible?

Thanks,

Ethanw

#11 ·
I'm currently hosted with ipage.com, and I love them. They give me unlimited space, unlimited e-mail, unlimited bandwidth, and there is no charge on adding a domain unless you purchase from them.

Btw, not a single provider can offer 100% uptime. 99.9% is the standard right now, though with any provider it is, give or take a bit.

Edit: I did just notice that you are asking for free hosting. I personally look to freewebs for free hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.