1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved My webiste does not load on AOL dial up..

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by KatieKat, Sep 15, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KatieKat

KatieKat Guest Thread Starter

I recently designed a friend's website and everything loads up ok on dsl/cable but definitely not on AOL dial up. I've compressed the pics so it would take less time to load but that didn't seem to help. It does however, load on IE with dial up. ?? Is there anything I can do, or something I should know about AOL web programming?

thanks

2. yul

yul

1. there is no such thing as AOL web programming.

2. have u tried opening the website on some different computer with AOL on it? Perhaps if you can post the link we can try on our AOL.

3. what exactly happens when the site is opened in AOL ?

3. KatieKat

I've tried it on 7 different computers.. all the same.

What happens is it takes forever to load... very few or no pics at all show up, then after about a minute of loading it crashes.

4. yul

yul

A very beautiful website ! Excellent graphics !

It worked alright on my AOL (dialup)...no problems here.

5. KatieKat

thanks (I wish I could say I designed it, but it's a preowned template) ;) Ok well, if it works on yours that good but I've tried it on several different ones and it doesn't seem to pull it up. Still somewhat puzzled. They just had 25,000 flyers put out today, and were concerned about people not being able to access it through the site. hmm..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!