1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MY WIN 7 PC STOPPED CONNECTING TO WIRELESS NETWORK

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Aphrodite4u, Mar 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Aphrodite4u

Aphrodite4u Tony Thread Starter

Hi there,
    New to this Group and this resource. Hope someone can help.
    Switched on m PC this morning (Core2Duo HP) and all was fine, connected to WiFi connection fine. About 45 mins later pc froze, had to restart and woudnt boot up saying boot error. Tried 5 times before it did finally come on.
    When it did come on it would not connect to the wireless connection. The wireless link IS connected and strong, it just has 'No internet access', 'No network access' (as described in IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity.
    Also the Wireless Network Connection says it is an Unidentified network.

The schematic shows Tony-PC (This computer) --------graphic of a Bench with 'Unidentified network' below it -----------X---------Grey Globe-Internet.

Below that:
    Two columns
    Park Bench again - Unidentified network
    Public Network

Second Column:
    Access Type: No Internet Access
    Connections: Al Green bars - Wireless Network Connection (Name of conncction)

I have accessed the wireless connection on my cellphone and works perfectly. I have also connected to it with this laptop. But main PC won't connect... just like that, all of a sudden after those crashes or refusing to boot....

I have Avira AV installed but that seems to be displaying startup problems as well. Wont start up nor will Windows Defender ! (Not sure if related but all started same time)

Anyone have any suggestins any solutions ?

Thanks,
    Tony

Image attached of just one of the chnging messages...

Attached Files:

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Run diagnostics on the hard drive and on memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1187021