My window 8 does not have wifi symbol

Nellybolton

I installed window 8 on laptop but unfortunately i could not find wifi symbol. And also when I click on the wireless UT says no available device

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
After you installed Windows 8 in that laptop, did you install the drivers for its devices(chipset, graphics, audio, wireless, ethernet, etc.)?

What is the brand name and model name and model number and serial number of that laptop?

-------------------------------------------------

Nellybolton

No sir I did not install those things you mentioned. But how do i install them. Pls help me. The laptop is hp.

TerryNet

Terry
Download the latest appropriate drivers from HP's web site (Support section). They will be in self-extracting self-installing executables, so simple (EDIT: shoud be simply) run them. Install the chipset first unless other instructions are given.

If the networking is not working at all you will need to download them with another computer and use removable media (e.g., USB flash drive) to copy them.

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
If your laptop is a HP, advise us what the exact serial number(S/N) and the exact product number(P/N) on it is.

Having that information will allow us to properly identify it and locate its support site.

-------------------------------------------------

Nellybolton

Thankyou sir for your concern. My laptop is hp product. window 8, The serial number is CND9480VZ6. The product number is: 4UT45EA.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Chuck is correct.

YOUR HP 15-rb009nia Notebook PC which was purchased in December 2019 has driver support only for Windows 10 64-bit.

Why did you install Windows 8 in it?

------------------------------------------------

TerryNet

Terry
Maybe the same reason I installed Windows 8.1 in my HP bought in mid 2018. :) Also no official driver support but I only have two small issues (with the display) that I haven't been able to solve.

Good luck, Nellybolton, on your driver search. You may want to get a USB wireless adapter that has Windows 8/8.1 support. On trying to get drivers ...

This is my preferred order for finding drivers:

1. PC manufacturer's web site,
2. Motherboard manufacturer's web site,
3. Device manufacturer's web site,
4. A "drivers" site, such as DriverGuide,
5. Anywhere you can find one that might work,
6. Let Device Manager try to find one.
7. Use Windows Update.

(4 through 7 are really tied, and with Windows 7--and maybe 8/8.1-- the Windows Update should be at least 4th. The main message is that the first three are almost always to be preferred.)

Nellybolton

Chuck is correct.

YOUR HP 15-rb009nia Notebook PC which was purchased in December 2019 has driver support only for Windows 10 64-bit.

------------------------------------------------
Omg Sir you are right. I had little problem with my hp laptop and as a result of that i uninstalled the window 10 that was in it. Then reinstalled window 8 without knowing that the window is outdated.. Now i am confused. Pls i want to ask, is it possible to uninstall the window 8 that is on my pc right now and install back the window 10? If that is possible, can i uninstall the window 8 without using C.D or DVD disk?, also can i install back window 10 through online without using C.D/DVD disk?.

Nellybolton

What i am saying is that, is it possible for me to back my files nd documents, then uninstall the window 8, And then install back the window 10 without using C.D/DVD plate to perform both activities. Pls sir help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
According to its support site, your HP notebook came with the FreeDOS 1.2 operating system and did not come with Windows 10.
Is that correct?

Capture.JPG

TerryNet

Terry
If you are playing around with only illegal non-genuine versions of Windows we will not help with that.

If the PC came with Windows 10 preinstalled you may reinstall it.

Nellybolton

Yes sir .. the PC came with window 10 pre-installed but I don't really know how to install it back. Pls kind guide me on how to do that .

Nellybolton

According to its support site, your HP notebook came with the FreeDOS 1.2 operating system and did not come with Windows 10.
Is that correct?

View attachment 292398
Sir I don't really know what is free DOS 1.2. Operating system. But all I know is that the PC came with full installed window 10 version. But when I was using it and then one day I installed android studio software for designing Apps; Then when I started designing the app I didn't know what I did ony laptop or where I went my laptop developed a problem which resulted me uninstalling the window 10 in the process of getting my pc work again. This cos the person that helped formatting my system said that the window 10 is not good again. . That was why he formatted the pc nd reinstall it with window 8. But I did not know that the window 8 he reinstallin it is outdated. Pls help me, what do I do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts