1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Windows 10 Laptop Won't download steam or anything else

Discussion in 'Games' started by wunwuntutu12111122112, Apr 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wunwuntutu12111122112

wunwuntutu12111122112 Thread Starter

Ive been trying to download steam to play PUBG and other things but every time I run the setup the screen flashes and flickers and returns to the lock screen. This has also happened when I have tried to download the sysinfo utility for this website.

Whats going on?

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

That the screen flashes and returns to the lock screen is suspicious behavior. I would go google for 'online scans'. There you would find some big antivirus vendors like ESET, Trendmicro, F-Secure, Norton, Kaspersky. These are one time use AV's, and they take a little time to download the entire library of virus definitions. And they aren't capable of updating. So they are for one time use. Scan with it and see.

3. wunwuntutu12111122112

wunwuntutu12111122112 Thread Starter

Hi Lunarlander

I have McAfee installed and is up to date. I scanned the laptop and it came back with nothing and still no joy

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Well, it is obvious that the on-board AV did not catch anything, because if it detected anything, it would have caught it when you double clicked on it. Different AV's have different virus signatures. I would advise you to usea different one to get a second opinion.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice