my wordpress site won't display plugin on firefox 3.. at least for me

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cutcopypaste

this site happens to be mine: www.radioslipstream.com, but I think the problem is with my computer somehow because it works on every other comptuer I try and even on every other browser..

there's supposed to be a little player thing because of the podpress plugin but it's not showing up since i upgraded to firefox 3.. javascript is enabled and up to date..

there's some errors with the javascript on the plugins' end that i may have to go through, but i want to see if there's something i can do to make mine work.. maybe anyone with firefox 3 see if it's showing up...?

cutcopypaste

yeah it looks alright in safe mode.. o now i guess i play game of elimination to try and figure out what's making it not work

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Yep. There might be an extension you have installed that is causing you grief. You probably already know the drill but I'll post it anyway. Disable all extensions and enable them one-by-one to see which one is the culprit.

Good luck!

Peace...

cutcopypaste

ok.. it's adblock.. it's hiding 'http://www.radioslipstream.com/wp/wp-content/plugins/podpress/players/player.swf' but there are NO elements listed as being blocked on the site.. when i change it to 'remove ads' instead of 'hide ads' it has a little adblock tab where the player should be and when i click that it gives me the above url and says block this item ok/cancel.. though it looks to me already blocked and if i cancel it doesn't help.

cutcopypaste

ok when adblock is disabled through firefox extensions options the player shows, but when it's disabled through adblock's own menu there on the status bar the player doesn't show.. Hunh?

Just a though: if the player is hosted externally, it may be blocking it because it's disabled for that page only.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online