1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Yahoo! home page problems.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jutty1224, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

My Yahoo! home page is not coming up when i open my browser. I'm wondering if this problem is just with me or with everyone. the my yahoo logo is there. the top half of the page is black with a white square in it and the bottom half is white. when i move my mouse over the white square i get a message that says "click here to activate these controls". I've been experiencing this problems since i got back online an hour ago. i had been away since the morning of the 18th and my computer has been off since then, and i have not accessed my yahoo page either

2. drichman

drichman

I'm having the same problem with my My Yahoo home page. The problem has nothing to do with the browser I'm using (e.g. Firefox or IE). The problem definitely seems to be with Yahoo. I've used My Yahoo as my home page for years and have never encountered this problem until the last few weeks which seems to coincide with Yahoo's effort to push people to its Mail service. If this is not a coincidence, I'm at a loss to understand why Yahoo would messing with its My Yahoo page content. Unfortunately, there is no way to contact Yahoo from its portal page so there does not appear to be a way to discuss the problem with Yahoo. Perhaps someone at this site can speak with someone at Yahoo and get some answers. Thanks.

3. js73

js73

Yahoo is normally quite good in responding to your queries (though they are messing up with new pages and sound files etc., which are not an improvement over the earlier versions). To contact Yahoo, go to their help page, ask any question, and then tick on "contact us" at the bottom of the page. Their response is normally within 24 hours.

4. Jutty1224

Jutty1224 Thread Starter

the issue resolved itself within a few hours after i discovered it which was on tuesday. I am all set now. I usually find it more helpful to speak with a person by calling yahoo! someplace i have a phone number to contact their customer service.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/496626

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice