1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MyBookWorld

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swordsaint, Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swordsaint

swordsaint Thread Starter

was wondering if anyone has or is familiar with the MYBOOKWORLD network drive. I just bought it recently for one of my clients and personally i'm not too happy with it. i intentionally had bought this for my client in hopes that i can access it remotely but have found that i need software etc ... in order to use it. the software is a 30-trial for it's premium services that includes remote desktop connection but once the trial is over, i can still use it's main function which is to download files from the device. the software is a memory hog ... nuff said.. anyhow, any comments?

2. kpilotti

kpilotti

You can access the device via a web browser for administration, and via SMB/CIFS for file access -- no other software is needed.

MyBookWorld software is currently pretty lame, but the device otherwise seems to work OK. I use mine as a RAID1 mirrored backup to my RAID5 Snapserver.

Officially, WD doesn't support the drive for MacOSX, but as long as you are comfortable without the Mionet client software, and SMB/CIFS access, it works fine. I have read rumors that MacOSX support will come eventually, but WD refuses to confirm or deny any such plans.

Keith

3. shuja

shuja

Hi,
    It is very easy no need of software just connect to dhcp server or adsl router in this device will be in dhcp mode by default find out ip address login with user name : admin
    and password : 123456 by default. just type in the browser http://10.0.0.1 presss enter page will open then just following the menu.

4. shuja

shuja

This is shuja.

5. bubagump

bubagump

I recently bought this drive and decided to use it just on my local network. Did not install the Mio software.
    But, when I type in \\mybookworld or \\IP address of the drive I get a message saying-"the network path couldnt be found".
    What am I doing wrong? Can you please let me know how I can map this drive?
    thanks

6. steveds

steveds

Hi guys, well basically to start with i've got some knowledge of all this but i am still pretty much a noob! ha! I have a Majik DS and a Western Digital Mybookworld edition 2. With this i want my nokia n810 to stream the music to my ds threw my nas drive but for this i need to install twonky onto my nas drive, i saw a post about usr/local/ but i cant find this anywhere please could some one give me abit more (step by step please :] )of a desriptive installation guide to install it, will be very very grateful i've been at this for about a week! Thanks alot, Steve!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591388