1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MyPal 28.8.3 Browser Update Released

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by flavallee, Feb 28, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

First Name:
    Frank
    If you are using this browser in Windows XP SP3 32-bit or in Windows Vista SP2 32/64-bit, it has been updated from version 28.8.2 to version 28.8.3

You can obtain the new version from here:
    https://github.com/Feodor2/Mypal/releases

I personally use it in my dual-boot test computer.
    It works fine and supports practically all websites I visit.

----------------------------------------------------------------

2. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    It was updated today to version 28.8.4

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Serenitynerd

Serenitynerd

Thanks so much for the info. I was just talking with a blind friend and all his assistive technology is on his XP laptop with its defunct browsers. What's your sense of this browser, navigation wise, cause his tech will have to read it to him and he says some are harder than others.

He's not tech savvy, and being blind just makes that a million times harder, and I'm just a geekling (played about with Linux, and old windows and Apple tech cause I'm tight budget girl) so I'd be worried about trying to install and ending up breaking something that's so important to him. How hard is the installation? Is it a good enough browser to maybe bring in to get a professional tech god to install? I worry about him web browsing with defunct software cause he wouldn't be able to use add-ons to protect himself.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have and for sharing that you found it! ☺️

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  4. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    The Feodor2 MyPal browser is very similar to the old versions of the Mozilla Firefox browser, so if your blind friend is familiar with Firefox, he should be able to use MyPal.
    The install and setup process is simple for someone who can see, but I can't answer for someone who's blind.

I use Windows XP SP3 32-bit only for testing purposes, and don't use it on a daily basis like I do with Windows 7 and Windows 10.
    It's too old of an operating system and hasn't been supported by Microsoft for 6 years, so doing anything sensitive on-line isn't advisable.

5. Serenitynerd

Serenitynerd

That's terrific info. He does well with Firefox so it's good to know that it's similar. Also that it's easy to install

Agreed re not doing sensitive things with it. The reading software is pricey so he feels he's stuck using xp... But it's not great to do so for sure

Thanks for your help!

6. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    You're welcome. :)

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I'm curious if you have any issues with this.
    Palemoon was updated yesterday. I updated it on a Windows 7 32 bit computer.
    I could not save usernames and passwords for some of my email web sites and I got no popup offering to save the password.
    Another person using a 32 bit version of Windows 8 has the same problem I have.

I ended up downloading and re-installing the earlier version so I would not have to type my username and password in every time I wanted to check email. (This was juno, gmail and yahoo that I had problems).

8. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Liz:
    I don't use the Palemoon browser in any Windows version, so I can't comment on any issues with it.
    I use the Internet Explorer 11.0.180 and Mozilla Firefox 74.0 browsers in Windows 7 and Windows 10.
    I use the Maxthon 5.3.8.2000 and MyPal 28.8.4 browsers in Windows XP.
    Frank

-----------------------------------------------------------------

9. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    I just wanted to see if MyPal had issues; I didn't care what version of Windows was used.
    Apparently there were a few coding errors in the latest versions of Palemoon. Today I installed the 3rd update that came in 2 days. All is back to normal - mostly.
    I'm unable to play some html5 videos on YouTube but this has been a problem for awhile. I just fire up another browser and I can view them fine.

10. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  11. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    MyPal is at version 28.9

12. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    Yep. Version 28.9.0 was released 2 days ago. (y)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1240952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice