Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyPassport Full System backup

6K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  plodr 
#1 ·
Is there a way to configure my WD My Passport 2TB SSD to do a complete system backup?

#7 ·
How large is the size of the data you are trying to backup? I ask because if the hard drive contains a lot more than 2TB, then Acronis will not back it up to a 2TB drive.

If the drive has been on the shelf for awhile, it might have software that no longer works.
Expanding one of the links on the page posted by Noyb
WD_backup.jpg

You might be trying to use software on the drive that no longer works.

#8 ·
How large is the size of the data you are trying to backup? I ask because if the hard drive contains a lot more than 2TB, then Acronis will not back it up to a 2TB drive.

If the drive has been on the shelf for awhile, it might have software that no longer works.
Expanding one of the links on the page posted by Noyb
View attachment 290904
You might be trying to use software on the drive that no longer works.
I have a primary SD drive with 459GB and a mciro SD card with 119GB. My Acronis software was updated a day or two ago.

#10 · (Edited)
What are you trying to Backup and Where is it ???
Is it an operating system (W7 or W10) or Data .... And how many Gig full is it ???

Can you show us what you have ????

I have a huge amount of Data and for many reasons ... My C: drive only contains my operating system.
X: and Y: and twins (a Backup of a Backup) and are my data drives.

Attachments

#12 ·
My C: Drive has 459GB on it and my D: Drive 119GB When I try to do a back up it requires me to select one drive. Since the data I want to be sure is backed up, I choose D:. I want to have it back up both drives, Is there a way to configure it that will do that?
Product Azure Textile Rectangle Font

#13 ·
The only drive I backup with Acronis is my C: drive (my operating system) ... W7 on one computer and W10 on another.

I only run Acronis from a USB Flash or sometimes from a CD. The Operating System cannot be running when you make a Backup Image ..... (Acronis will be running in RAM)
It makes no sense to me to use Acronis to backup DATA ( pictures, docs - etc). If you have a lot of Data.
I just put my Data in a Twin or Triplicate HDDs .... I have 3 (One is Offline in a USB external).
I know, this might be overkill :D

I have almost 2 TB of data .... It would take many hours to Backup or Recover that much DATA.
I can recover my System in under 10 minutes ... All my Data is in separate HDDs.

If I lose a data drive ... It's much faster to clone a new one from a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.