1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Myspace Profile Tracker

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Rabies_00, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Rabies_00

Rabies_00 Thread Starter

There are many myspace profile trackers available. However, in my opinion, they are simplistic and limited to reporting the IP of the viewer of you page. Myspace does not allow databases on their pages to allow a more accurate tracker system to be implemented. The data base does not necessarily have to be placed on the myspace page. So many people do not think outside the box. We do know HTML can be added to the profile page that routes visitor information to a third party server which is later reviewed. If it will capture an IP, why can't it capture the friend ID of the viewer. An IP is pretty much worthless when attempting to learn exactly who is visiting your profile and the frequency of their visits. IP's can be hidden or anonymously accessed for the sole purpose of hiding their identities. On myspace, they can not hide their friend ID. The friend ID is used to identify each user and provides access to many pages and functions on myspace. So...to sum it up...when you click the link, a call is made to the myspace server to show that page on your browser. When you "click" it, your information is also sent to the server. Your IP address, operating system info, browser info, friend ID, and potentially much more can be captured by the myspace server. If a server can capture all this in a single "click", why can't we capture the friend ID of someone who is requesting to view your page. Before I ramble on, remember this...anything made by man can be changed, destroyed, or manipulated by man. So, someone wants to view your page, and they "click" your URL. It will take them to your page. Now, if HTML is embedded in your profile in such a way that your profile can not be viewed without the viewer interacting with a "link" they typically will have no other choice but to interact with the "link" if they want to see your profile. Here it is...that "click" that can send tons of information to a third party server. Now this is not necessary if you want all the crappy information that doesn't really get you anywhere. Now when the "link" is "clicked" the call to the third party server requires the friend id only to allow the myspace page to be seen. All the third party server wants in the friend ID only to allow the page to be viewed. On the third party server, all of this information can be databased and even sent via email to each individual user. Now my question to all is, how the hell do you set up a server to record a myspace friend ID from a link within the myspace profile for the myspace user who is requesting it??? Does this make sense to anyone else out there??? Feel free to educate me on any of my thoughts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/751596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice