1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

myspace redirects me to google

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by chris1nick, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chris1nick

chris1nick Thread Starter

when i go to get on www.myspace.com it redirects me to the google search bar. I have tried everthing. unplugged my router and modem. Even went to a site for redirecting. (Nothing )i have been at this for like 5 hours now. it worked just fine this morning. I have no clue how to fix this. I need help. I get it on my phone. but no computers in my house. i have time warner cable so i didn't know if that had something to do with it. I need help :(

2. dragonlady89

dragonlady89

This is exactly what is happening to me right now. Every other site works but myspace, and I was logged into myspace earlier today. I too have Time Warner...

This issue is very frustrating, and I stumbled here trying to find a solution on the internet for this problem.

3. Monika2

Monika2

This started for me yesterday too. I have reset my IE defaults, flushed my dns, released and renewed my IP, done a full scan with MacAfee (which was running all along) and done a full scan with TrendMicro Housecall. If I type myspace.com in the address bar of IE, Firefox or Chrome, I go to Google. HELP!!! Oh, and I have Time Warner as well. I have also restored to an earlier date, released my IP and unplugged modem and router and shut down all overnight. I have contacted Time Warner. I have contacted MacAfee (I suggest ANY other virus protection program, cause MacAfee wants to charge extra for any support). I have contacted Time Warner again. HELP!!

4. Monika2

Monika2

This has now corrected on its own, almost exactly 24 hours later. I suspect something to do with IP address.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969510

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice