1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Myspace/ YouTube Problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by nicegeezer222, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicegeezer222

nicegeezer222 Thread Starter

When going on Myspace, the page loads, but there is no background and no sound or pictures being displayed, only the small box with the Red Cross on each one where the pictures should be. The bottom left indicates 'done' but with the small yellow ! Icon saying error on the page. I’m assuming it’s a problem on my end and not the site.
    With youtube it seems that maybe one in ten of the videos I select to view actually load. The rest seem to remain black with the 'loading...' text showing. I wait but nothing happens.

Both these sites seemed to be working fine a few days ago. Is there anything I can do or check to see what’s happened? I have windows 98'
    Thanks for your help. Not too clued up on this kinda stuff so any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

2. saltydawgs

saltydawgs Account Closed

ok, first of all are you using firefox or internet explorer, and what media player are you using to play the videos on youtube?

also, have you downloaded anything in the past few days...you said it worked fine a bit ago

3. nicegeezer222

nicegeezer222 Thread Starter

Im using Internet Explorer. I just watch the videos on youtube how they appear..I think its Macromedia or something but I downloaded the latest one just to be sure, but still no joy.
    I recently had Mcafree internet suite 8 but It slowed my PC down a great deal so I uninstalled, took it back and got a refund. Apart from that I have installed Disckeeper (defrag tool), Spyware Doctor (although I didnt realise you had to pay so I uninstalled) AVG antivirus free edition and the latest JAVA.. I thought that would help but it didnt.
    Can you see these ok out of curiousity?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C58zxHgo8Y&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1995778
    No joy on my part. It wouldnt have anything to do with this Lexplore thing that keeps appearing in my ctrl alt delete menu would it?
    thanks for your reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice