MYSQL and ExpressionWeb Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bauer24

Hi,

I'm attempting to create a website, and am running Expression Web 3 with the latest MySQL server. I have downloaded the ODBC drivers. My aim for creating this website is to increase my knowledge of server side scripting (ASP, SQL) It is not in any form commercial (Non-profit)

Anyway, I have a page titled data.aspx where i want there to be a populated drop down list which in turn populates a gridview. (data retrieved from an mysql database) I have successfully completed this with a MS ACCESS data source, but now want to attempt it with MYSQL (See attached image)

The problem is when i have configured a data source, and want to configure a statement, the column list is empty. Having viewed examples on the internet, the columns from my sql database should be here.

http://www.packtpub.com/article/displaying-mysql-data-on-asp.net-web-page

I have configured the ODBC connector, and set up a DSN correctly.

Could anyone help please?

THE ATTACHED IMAGE SHOULD PROVIDE A BETTER INSIGHT.

Thank You

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online