1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mysterious absent taskbar icon... OF DOOM!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by iamalemur, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamalemur

iamalemur Thread Starter

I'm on Windows 2000, and having a problem with the option enabling various input locales for the keyboard.

I have a shortcut to change between different input locales. I know this shortcut works, as hitting it a few times leaves me typing cyrillic characters.

The problem comes, however, in the shape of the taskbar icon, or rather, its conspicuous absence. Despite clicking the "Enable indicator on taskbar" option, there is no taskbar icon. I have also tried disabling it, and enabling it again. This is incredibly annoying, as some of the input locales I use are very similar, and it is hard to distinguish between them.

My computer recently contracted a virus, and in repairing it, I may have accidentally deleted a necessary program, but I'm not sure. A quick HouseCall scan told me the virus had been removed, yet this problem remains, so it might stem from that.

The only other possible cause I can think of was a recent blue screen, which seems to have stopped my games from running. But don't worry about that, that's a whole different post! :p

Any help would be very much appreciated, I'm close to tearing my hair out!
    Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/270624

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice