Mysterious blue box

Osigobbiner

Within the last week, a small blue box has been coming up in the centre of my computer screen. It appears at random times, often 6 - 8 times in 1 hour and is displayed for anything from 5 seconds to 15 minutes. The box is headed Contrast/Brightness, with 'DCR' beneath the scales. At the bottom of the box is 1 - exit, 2 - select. The mouse pointer does not register within the box area. I have tried numerous buttons controls etc. but nothing affects the box, I have to wait for it to go of it's own accord. Anyone know what it might be? My computer is an older, Packard Bell desktop running Windows 8.

That sounds like the monitor controls are playing up.
Could you give the make and model of your Monitor.
If your monitor has buttons other then on off run your fingers across the buttons to see if one is slightly stuck.
The mouse will not work these are controlled normally by buttons. Some monitors do not have an obvious button and are built into the bezel.

Osigobbiner

That sounds like the monitor controls are playing up.
Could you give the make and model of your Monitor.
If your monitor has buttons other then on off run your fingers across the buttons to see if one is slightly stuck.
The mouse will not work these are controlled normally by buttons. Some monitors do not have an obvious button and are built into the bezel.
Thanks PeterOz, if it happens again I will try that. Very strange, it had been happening every day, all day, for at least 1 week. Since posting the query it has never happened! Coincidence or what?? The screen is a Packard Bell P8 and it does have buttons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online