1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Mysterious monitor trail

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CaffAddict, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CaffAddict

CaffAddict Thread Starter

Evening fellas =D

I'm experiencing a distressing issue with my ViewSonic monitor as of late and having trouble pinpointing/searching for it. I'd probably call it screen tearing if i didnt know better and the term wasnt already taken
    Basically my Desktopicons aswell as window edges have trails
    Stacking, fading out trails coming out of their right side, as though they lagged them behind while dragging
    This didn't really bother me up until recently, but considering i bought a fancy new graphics card, i wanna get the best out of it
    I'm well aware it might very well be a faulty monitor LCD or similar, but a possible solution (like fiddling with built-in monitor options in CCC, monitor itself or control panel) would be highly appreciated

Lovelove =) <3

*edit
    i dont see how any of that tech will help determine or change an answer since its far too specific to delve into, but here you go anyway

partially home built (parts improved)
    ACPI x64 based PC
    Intel Core 2 Duo processor, E7400 cache 2.80Ghz
    2Gig Ram
    XFX ATI radeon 4850
    Pioneer dvd-rom 116 ATA
    PSU is Chieftec GPS 350EB-101
    +12V1 (with 10A, 120W)
    +12V2 (with 15A, 180W)
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    hp printer, microsoft mouse, compaq keyboard, ViewSonic vx2235wm Monitor, i got a LAN cable plugged in...my phone is charging at the moment (Sony Ericsson), my IPod cable is plugged in but remains unused

hope that helped

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

3. CaffAddict

CaffAddict Thread Starter

bumpy post

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The reason your systems specs are important is because with out them we can not begin to recommend fixes for your problem. You are correct that it could be a fault in the monitor, or in the video cable itself. How ever I will say that a chieftec power supply is a very low quality unit. And at 350Watts, could be part of your problem.

If youhave access to another computer, you could connect the monitor to it, to see if it produces the same problems. if it does not then you know the problem is in the hardware of your computer.

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Why are you bumping the post without supplying the requested info? If you want help, you need to post your system specs; we have no idea what we are working on.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Ops, sorry I just saw you edited your post. I can tell you that your pw supply is way underpowered for the card you have installed. While it may or may not be causing your problem, continuing to operated your system with the video card you have installed AND that pw supply is really asking for a problem.
    25amp on the 12V is way underpowered for any high end video card.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030699

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice