1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mystery grey tiny jpg files cant tell what they are?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by JustCallMeJen, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JustCallMeJen

JustCallMeJen Thread Starter

Ok so Im obviously not hip to all this digi cam and photo processing mumbo jumbo, but im trying to learn so bare with me...

anyway one day in one of my picture folders(one that was downloaded off of my camara from a SD card)out of (I think) now where there were several small unidentified files that say they are jpgs that almost look like a tiny piece of a picture but you cant tell what it is exactly, its hard to explain, but there are a lot of them. and they are in grayscale. for example some of them look like someones ear and another looks likes all white its just weird. I was thinking could be like one picture or even a movie that was converted or something and maybe my boyfriend tried to convert something and did it wrong i don't know. but does this sound familiar to anyone?
    I attached two out of many of the images... I don't know if that helps, but I just want to know what the heck these are!?!:confused::confused::confused:

Attached Files:

2. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    Welcome to the TSG Forum.

Looks like something has destroyed the picture somewhere ???
    Boyfriend, Camera or Computer ??
    And it appears that you have attached Nothing .. That's been resized ??

Attached Files:

• Clip.gif
      Clip.gif
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views:
  3. JustCallMeJen

what do you mean nothing? and is there anyway of taking all all these images and putting them together into a converter or somthing and it spitting out a movie or a pic or something? because its driving me insane what these images are because they all almost look like something but cant exactly tell! here are a few more attatched:mad::mad::confused::confused:

Attached Files:

4. JustCallMeJen

and also... if it was a photo destroyed, is there anyway of fixing it?

5. Morny

Morny

How do you mean 'destroyed'? You should really keep a backup of any photo's, maybe to an external drive, burn to DVD/CD, USB pen.

6. bp936

bp936

as Noyb said, click on image info, and it shows ZERO bytes, so nothing is uploaded. Therefore hard to tell anything.
    What sizes do show in your picture folder that these pictures are? What program do you use to get them to the computer? Soem programs make smal thumbnails and still call it jpg and those tiny pictures do have weitd markings.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Jay
    I just run a test .. The Zero info is misleading (in Error) ... The original pixel size of the last upload is 34px × 61px.
    I don't think there is any fix ... The problem now is to find what/were went wrong and not do it again.

What are you using to combine the images ?? .. or are they Thumbnails ??

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice