1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mystery music playing

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Velveedah, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Velveedah

Velveedah Thread Starter

I've had this problem a couple of times - my computer is playing music, leftover from a visit to a web page, and I can't find a way to turn it off. In one case it was a song from my kid's teacher's web site which played continuously even after I closed every tab and was the only user logged on; today it was from some page I had visited last night while exploring music web sites. I used the "restore session" option on Firefox and this great music started playing, and I really wanted to know what it was, but my media player wasn't open and none of my open tabs matched what I was hearing. Nor do I remember hearing it last night. As in the past, I checked the processes in task manager and didn't recognize a culprit there, though I'm no expert. So, I guess I have two questions - first, if I DO NOT want to hear a song played in an endless loop, how do I shut it off without completely shutting down, and second, if I really LIKE what I'm hearing and want to know what it is, how do I find out??? Thanks for any ideas you may have - I'm stumped! V:confused:
    Dell Dimension 8300
    XP sp2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice