1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

mystery prograam

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ctuna, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

I have a entry in the start-programs files for a program that is not there. I have looked at everything in the computer and it is not found. The program is not shown when I go into the explore files. The program is a print program for CD covers. (Media FACE) The program is installed and working. But there is a second entry for the program that has 11 after the title. When I highlight this entry, the computer hangs up for about 60 seconds, and then goes back to working. I have removed the program and no effect, reinstalled it and still the same problem. How can I delete this second entry?

2. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

Forgot computer details
    Windows 98SE
    CPU Intel 800
    RAM 256
    All drives have been defaged and no virus in the system

3. Huon

Huon

If the entry doesn't lead to anything, (check this by right clicking the entry, properties, and see where it points) or if it points to the existing program, then just right click it and delete. :)

4. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

Problem is that when I highlight the program it lock up the computer. As long as the program is highlighted nothing works.

5. ctuna

ctuna Thread Starter

Found that if I left the entry highlighted and waited for 60 or more second the files to the right showed up. There was an unstall icon and I uninstalled to program. When I returned to the start-programs the program was still there but when highlighted it could be deleted.
    Have no idea what happened or why but the problem seems to be solved for the time being.
    Thanks for your guidance.

6. Huon

Huon

Weird!! i'm glad it seems to be solved.:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice