Mystery Storage Issues - Apps and 'Features'?

Fizzywhizzy

I’m using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 9560 which had a clean install a few months ago.

It has 462 GB storage but showing only 6 GB free due to 324GB storage used for ‘Apps and Features’.
There is minimal storage used for other things like Docs (71 GB) and Pics (10GB) due to the clean install most things were taken off. I have deleted all the unnecessary Apps and even manually calculated the App sizes which comes to only around 12GB.
I have tried to see what the ‘Features’ are and where to find them as I’m guessing these must be the big files.
My computer keeps stopping me from doing things when I run out of space.
Prior to the clean install I had no problems at all with storage space. I need help either deleting these ‘Features’ or fixing this problem somehow. Thanks in advance for any advice 😊

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What steps did you do to get this posted report shown in the attached screen capture?

It would be helpful for starters by telling us the make & model of the your computer?
Also please download our free system info utility from the following link:
https://static.techguy.org/download/tsginfo.exe
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about your computer will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Fizzywhizzy

Hi Dave,
Please see the first sentence above re make/model - Dell XPS15 9560. I went to the Settings > Storage for that screen capture. Is this the info you're after in the attached?
Cheers

Attachments

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You still did NOT tell us what program and the steps you did to get that listing of your system.

The "tsginfo" tells us more information about your system than you provided.

Fizzywhizzy

Ok sorry, I didn't use a program I just went to the Settings page. That was my only 'steps' to get the listing.
I'll download that utility you mentioned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online