1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

n2music_2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by n2music_2, Dec 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n2music_2

n2music_2 Thread Starter

Hello Everyone...Merry Christmas!:eek:)
    I have this problem with my Laptop!
    I plugged it into the Comcast Cable and then turned it on! The next thing that occured was a the Computer trying to boot to a Network and searching for DHCP address! I manually entered it. Still it returns to PXE-E53 Media Test Failure
    PXE-MOF Exiting Intel PXE-ROM.
    It then returns to same thing over and over...Put in System Disc and Press any key. I Don't have the disc, so that is Impossible! I usually find and apply cures. This time I am at a loss! If anyone can help I would appreciate it. I have read threads about it for weeks...to No avail. Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!! :eek:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sorry. Too hard to read. Maybe someone else will help you.

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    I have modified your post - so it can be read - please do not use centre text or bold through out
    I have also removed your email address and that is the quickest way to get spam , by putting a valid email on a forum

Go into the BIOS, and see if the PC can see a harddrive
    also take a look at the boot options and make the "other devices" or "other" last in the boot sequence.
    sounds like you have boot from LAN enabled.
    If so - disable.
    PXE is a protocol for booting from a network drive or server.
    It is failing, because it could not find an Operating System on the network to boot from.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice