N360 backup file is huge!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dannyyoung

My laptop has an 80GB hard disk, and Norton N360 backs it up to an external 160GB disk. I recently moved my iTunes folder off of my laptop and onto the external hard disk to free up some space, and I noticed this morning that I had an error saying that the external disk was full. My iTunes folder is around 25GB in size, but the Norton 360 folder is now over 110GB. How can that be, if my laptop is only 80GB? I need to free up space ASAP on my external disk as it is showing as only having 32KB of free space! Any ideas anyone?

If you set Norton to backup, it may well be its doing it periodically, either full bups or changed files. In this case, there may be a number of backups on the drive, not just one.
I expect norton to have a util to get rid of old backups- dont use it myself, so I cant say where- which will probably cure it :)

dannyyoung

Thanks Gulo, yes I do use Norton 360 to back up, I am just going to delete the file off my external disk and then backup again.

Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online