1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

N610C Explorer and IE errors

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by EMONSIVAES, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EMONSIVAES

EMONSIVAES Thread Starter

Hello, I have a Compaq N610c that I replaced the Fujitsu 40gb drive due to seek and write errors. I kept getting explorer as well as Internet explorer errors...sorry, internet explorer needs to close..blah blah blah.
    I formatted the new drive and reloaded Windows XP Pro SP2 and loaded all of the drivers and Updates from Windows (85 of them) for this particular model only to have the same errors pop up again after about 10minutes. I used Memtest to check a possible bad memory chip and also ran Spinrite 6.0 to check disk integrity. No new hardware has been added or replaced besides the drive, although the errors were pre exisiting.
    I have read that there may be proprietory SP from HP for these kinds of problem but not clear of the possible side effects of not loading them. I could'nt find much on it.
    I did see alot of Internet Explorer updates and patches which the windows Update addressed, but the errors persist. Thanks for any help available.

N610C, P4 1.8M, 256mb MEM, 80gb WD HDD
    Windows XP Pro SP2 (with Updates)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice