1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

N6800 Nvidia Graphics Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WaRe, Apr 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

Problem: I went from a Radeon 8500 all in wonder to a Nvidia 6800 graphics card. I uninstalled all the Radeon's drivers, hooked up the asus nvidia card, then was forced to run in 4bit mode untill i forced a driver install. I had to download the driver pack off the website.

Graphically when i play games such as oblivian and wow i get the every few minute stop then resume. And the icon in the task bar, every time i click on it my monitor goes in/out for a second. Like it is reseting something everytime.(this is the same thing if i were to change the resolution where the monitor goes black for a min.

In games i used to be able to tab out to pop up IE explorer and search while i could watch my game still run, now the game runs but when i am tab out the games all freeze on 1 frame and i have to go back to the game in order to see any movement.

I did not have nay of these problems with my radeon but now it do..

any ideas?

Winxp home *updated as of today
    duel mp 1800s in a M762a EPOX
    gig ram
    N6800 vid card
    audigty 2

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

My first thought would be the power supply. What brand and wattage of ps do you have?

I know this is a silly question, however you do have the extra power lead plugged in correct?

3. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

600watt power supply and yes i have a cord plugged into the video card from the power supply..

I get the effect where whne you change resolutions, where your screen flickers for a moment then ask you yes/no. Well when i click on the mini icon in the system tray it flickers out for a second then back.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

What brand of ps do you have? All 600W are not equal. I would start over with the driver install. Uninstall the nvidia drivers. Reboot and run driver cleaner for BOTH nvidia and ati drivers. Reboot and install the latest nvidia reference driver. Now see how it works.

5. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

My bad its a 520watt PS..

Vantec alumnium PS Stealth "power in silence".
    VAN-520A

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/459508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice