1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Name at top of printed emails

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by mickylaren, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mickylaren

mickylaren Thread Starter

How I can change the name that appears at the top of email messages when I print in Outlook 2002?

2. Sponsor

3. Atomic Taco

Atomic Taco

Depends on what type of E-Mail system you're using.

Try this first: Start-->Settings-->Control Panel-->Mail.
    That's for Outlook 2000, so I don't know about the newest version.
    If that item is there, change the profile name.

If you're using an intRAnet mail system with Microsoft Mail, you can ask your mail admin to change the name, too. But there are caveats with that.

4. mickylaren

I opened that up (I use POP3/internet mail), but there is nowhere that gives me the option to change the name that prints at the top of emails.

5. melonhead

melonhead

I think if you change the account name it will change the name on the memo. Go to Tools and then accounts. Highlight the account that you want to change, then click on properties. When the dialogue box appears, make sure the general tab is in front and then in the mail account where it says "type in the name..." type in whatever you want to change it to.

I think I'm remembering right. It's worth a try. Hope it works.

6. mickylaren

I changed the name of the default email account, but it still prints the wrong thing at the top of messages.

Originally, I had not wanted my name to go with outgoing emails. I set both the "Name" and "Email" fields to my email address. However, now it prints email address A at the top of all emails, regardless of whether they have anything to do with that address. I.e., when I get emails through account B, it still prints account A's name at the top (where it would normally say one's name).

But now, I can't change that to my name.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/312346