Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

#NAME in Access

835 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Fireflycph 
#1 ·
I have a SQL database with an Access front end. About 30 people use the database on a daily basis. A couple days ago one of the users started getting #NAME in all of the text boxes. No other user is having this issue. I have already deleted and reinstalled the front end and it didn't change anything. As far as I know he doesn't have this issue with any of the other databases and I know he is the only one that has this issue with this one. Before people start talking about naming conventions and compacting and repairing (yes I have tried to search for an answer) it is only one user out of 30+ and it is only this one database. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Hello SoldierC,

In my experience, the #Name in all boxes is due to the Front End DB not linking correctly to the Back End DB. I would initially look at the user's file and folder permissions where the target Back End DB resides, or that the physical/logical path to the Back End DB actually exists for the user.

Good Luck!

#3 ·
Without knowing exactly how the front end is set up. I have had this issue when, as Chawbacon states, there either wasn't correct credentials entered or if those credentials didn't have access to a "Linked" table/Query.

First thing to check, in my opininn is to check that the user ID has access to any and all databases on the SQL back-end. Second to check the actual file rights.

I believe that this issue if for one user only, and follows him/her regardless of which device they log on to. Please confirm that though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.