Name of Windows loader

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jyccyj

I recently had to recover my whole system after a problem with the clock! Then I discovered that the date and time were correct but the year was 2006 and problems started to happen again. I have a CD-Rom supplied with the whole system , no separate Windows disk. I made myself a floppy Startup disk and have Norton rescue disks .
No matter what I use the system eventually arrives at the same place in "safe mode" stating
"The following files are missing or corrupted
DEVICE C:\WINDOWS\NLSFUNC.SYS.,KEYB.SYS,DISPLAY.SYS,IFSHLP.SYS
The following file is missing or corrupted
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD
Type the name of the Windows loader (e.g., C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VMM32.VXD)
C>"
What do I type ? Please help. I have tried and tried
Using Toshiba Satellite 1800 with Windows ME

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online