1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Names only, no addresses

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by cmed, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

Some times I receive email that has also been sent on to other people but just the name shows, no address. It would
    be addressed to me and then just names would show as Joe, Jack, Julie, Debby, but no addresses. How do they do that?
    I hope I have made this clear as to what I mean. Thanks for any help on this. I just wondered about it.

2. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

I use Outlook 2000 and when I send an e-mail to someone in my address book, the e-mail is addressed to the person the way I have them listed in the address book. Outlook does not list their whole e-mail address but just the name I gave them in my address book. If I send an e-mail to someone not in my address book where I have to type the entire e-mail address , then that is what shows. If I type an entire e-mail address of someone in my address book, Outlook defaults to the name I have listed there instead of the whole address. If you double-click on the names, you can get the properties and get the longer email addresses of those people.

3. Matrikx_

Matrikx_

This is done by using outlook express whenever you are setting up your account you get an option to Put in a name others see you by. They simply just put in one name =) like John.

4. starchild

starchild

This is interesting, I had wondered about this, too.

So, how does someone send an email with NO name on it?

I occasionally get one with NO sending and (NONE) for subject,and nothing in the email space.

I got one like this last week with "QUIT" written in the body of it.

I checked the header and it didn't seem to come from an ISP of anyone I know (not that anyone I know would do something like that (LOL)

I 'm thinking it might be a way of testing the email address to see if it's valid (mine) where if it came back it wouldn't be?

~ Carrie

5. cmed

cmed Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replys to my question, however, I'm still in the dark. I use netscape for browser and email
    and have tried a number of ways to make this happen but do far nothing. I still get the full address.
    Maybe someone out there has a step by step way of making this happen. Thanks

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115159

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice