1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Napster Bought By Rhapsody And Being Shut Down

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by helix2301, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. helix2301

helix2301 Thread Starter

Napster which was the first music sharing site before any others is being shutdown in the next few days. Rhapsody has purchased Napster and will be shutting it down. Napster which has been around since the 90′s and change the music business for better and for always. The company was founded by Shawn Parker and Shawn Fanning two college students. Most people remember the story of Napster being sued by Metallica. I remember being in high school and being into computers and just remembering how Napster was the craze. I remember watching the MTV music awards and Shawn Fanning walking out in a Metallica T-Shirt. The end of an error I hope for Shawn Parker that Spotify takes off it’s a great service and will take the place but never replace the great Napster.

2. valis

valis Moderator

helix2301, I'm editing out the links in all your posts. Feel free to add a link in your signature line, but please do not add them to the general thread of your post, it will be reported as spam.

Thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029828

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice