1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nasty Little Virus

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dlbutler, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlbutler

dlbutler Thread Starter

I have 350gb Western Digital external drive that I using with my laptop to store music, movies and apps that I may happened to download or purchase . But recently I think I may have picked up a virus. Whenever I plug my drive into my laptop it doesn't show. Normally, whenever I plugged it up it would open Windows Explorer and show me what files were listed. Now, it doesn't do anything, and its a brand new drive. I mean, I only purchased it about 4 months ago.

Things that I've tried in order to get it working:

• I tried running a scan on it but it doesn't show when I open Windows Explorer
    • I tried connecting it to another pc and scanning it, but it won't show on other pc's
    • I tried replacing the usb cable that connects it to my laptop, nothing!
    Does anyone have any idea on what I can do, I have so many important files that I can't wipe it, I mean, I have over 1200 mp3's alone. Not to mention all kinds of other important data. Again, its a Western Digital 350gb external drive and it has a virus on it. Please, if there's anyone who can help with this I would be much appreciative.

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice