1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nasty warning & error messages

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pmmanagement, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmmanagement

pmmanagement Thread Starter

Within just a few minutes this morn. My computer got really strange.

My Dreamweaver froze....was able to get task manager open and see several pages not responding....like to have never got them closed.

Had earthlink application showing in there for some reason...I do have that software...but not in system tray and wasn't activated. on purpose anyhow.

Have been having a lot of problems with ISP ...dsl server... loosing connection...has something to do with bad router on their end and dynamic ip's here. Yet when try to set static...we really go dead.
    Frequently server not accessable to webmail at server at their site and recently...server for webhosting down....working on changing co.

Use aol dsl a lot....have sygate personal firewall....just on that one computer..can not get it programed to compatable with aol. if I don't turn it off..when aol comes up computer clicks off & back on with blue screen & wierd writing. Have to unplug power cord from back of computer to reboot.

When trying to sign into aol this am...thought firewall was off..wasn't...instead of usual....hung up windows really bad....had multiple windows with end now...send error report...Warning windows with blank white space...task manager hung....had multiple places in task bar with E in them. Task manager wasn't responding at all....I kept hitting end now...and don't send error message until finally cleared up. when viewing error message this is what it said.

szAppName : Dreamweaver.exe szAppVer : 6.1.1842.0 szModName : hungapp
    szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\Dreamweaver.exe.mdmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\appcompat.txt

Why would that make my taskmanager freeze.

I'm the person that has been having trouble with uninstalling roxie cd creator 6 platniumj....
    I've also searched roxie's site and google....there's no info on uninstallin 6.... I was having so many problems with error messages in it...that I uninstalled everything I could find that said roxie!!! That got rid of error messages....

Am I just not living right or what???

2. milomorai

milomorai

what os are you using? what version of aol software do you have installed? some system info would help also-mobo, cpu speed, ram, etc.

3. pmmanagement

pmmanagement Thread Starter

It's gateway... Ram=768 CPU 2.6 Windows XP Pro

aol version 8 (dsl broadband connect) I cleaned the hard drive, ran analysis for format & was 97%.......Ran Ad-aware pro...AVG (always upgrade 1st) last night & then ran test with PC Pitstop and had clean bill of health last night. this was before the Roxio creator 6 freakout....(conversation in above topic).... Seems like a bunch of stuff haywire now....mouse acting weird...Can't send email from outlook...recieve no send......needed a small file on laptop (networked) & when accessed from laptop.....laptop went nuts.....if I didn't know better I'd swear I've picked up something....but...firewall has been on at 'normal' and ad-watch has been activated..

I've been having a lot of problems with host server anyway....been having problems not only uploading with dreamweaver...but...CuteFTP...little quirky too....yesterday cute couldn't even find the server..... I think that's probably the service I'm using.

4. milomorai

milomorai

go here http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and run the hjt then save the log to a file, copy and paste and someone can see if there is anything that needs removing. unless you have used this before DON'T remove anything yet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168758

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice