NAT and multiplayer connection problems on Nintendo Switch

cloudyninjin

Hi there,
I'm having problems visiting my friends island on animal crossing. I looked into this and saw that it could be my NAT thats a problem, I checked and it said F, which is weird because for weeks i've been connecting with different players all over the world no problem with NAT type B.

I don't know how to get my NAT type B back, there are tutorials about going into my wifi/router settings which i managed to get into, but then it mentioned messing around with ports and I have no idea what to do, and also don't want to mess up any settings. I did mess around with some DNS settings on the switch itself whilst following an online tutorial, which did actually get the NAT type back to B, however when I refreshed it, it went straight back to F.

I'm not really sure why this has randomly occurred as I've never had any problem doing multiplayer on any of my gaming devices.

Any idea what I should do?

Thank you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online