1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NAT issues for gaming

Discussion in 'Networking' started by EllehcaR, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EllehcaR

EllehcaR Thread Starter

Hi I am a gamer who is having some issues with NAT on xbox 360 and xbox One. I have followed the port forwarding instructions on the xbox support page, I've reset my router/modem and I have called my ISP about this and they say they can connect me to the NAT support team for a charge of $65. So stupid since I am already paying for the internet and it's not working properly.

I have 150 mps fiber internet. The router/modem combo they gave me is the Hitron CGN3

My NAT is always moderate or strict making it hard to find online games.

I am also experiencing quite a bit of lag.

I was told that my issues are because my router is connected so closely with my apartments internet box and since I have no other services (like cable tv or phone) running through that cable that my router is getting overloaded with too much speed.

Only thing is, I JUST upgraded from 35mbs speeds because I was having the same connection issues.

Should I buy myself a new router to replace the one my ISP gave me or attach a new router in between the router I have and the xbox to steal some of the connection? This doesn't make sense to me because I'm going to slow down speeds I'm paying a premium price for. My ISP won't help me without charging money.
    what would my options be? At this point I'm extremely frustrated as this has been going on for months with no solution and I have no idea how to fix it.

2. CoolBurn

CoolBurn

3. EllehcaR

EllehcaR Thread Starter

Yes. I have spent hours following every single step. Rebooting my router, xbox and computer to make the changes take effect and still nothing. My NAT is strict right now and I am unable to connect to games online which is pretty much most of my internet usage. This is so ridiculous. I can't believe what a highway robbery these big internet companies are. They refuse to FIX the problem and put bandaids on it instead by resetting my router. I'm sorry but I shouldn't have to reset my router every SINGLE night. Beyond irate right now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice