1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NAT Type and Port Forwarding.COD BO3.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by akhilambati, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akhilambati

akhilambati Thread Starter

Hi, i need help with my internet.My ISP provided me with an internet cable,no modem,just a cable and ipv4 settings would give me internet access on my PC.So, i bought a TP-Link WR-740N wireless router and got it setup.Now i access Internet on my laptop using WiFi.I do a lot of gaming on my laptop.I recently bought Call of Duty Black Ops 3.The game runs fine but it takes some time to connect to a multiplayer session.I read that the NAT type should be open to get a good gaming experience and join games quickly.My NAT is Moderate now and i really wanted to change it to open.In game settings it shows that I need to use UPnP or forward port 3074 UDP.I have tried several ways to port forward the particular port but it is of no use.Can someone here please tell me how can i get an Open NAT type.
    These are all the things that i tried.
    1.Login to my router and forward ports and enable UPnP.
    2.Go to Network Infrastructure and Select my device and add a Port.
    Also if My ISP blocks that particular ports,is there any way that i can open them?
    Thanks in Advance.

2. Xsage

Xsage

First Name:
    Dave
    Check out this video.

Let us know how you get on.

3. akhilambati

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't get my hands on my pc for a while,so I would try this as soon as I have access to my Pc and report back.

4. akhilambati

I tried the above method,unfortunately it didn't work.Any other suggestion would be welcome.Thank You.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice