Native Resolution Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Axemasta

I am currently running 2 monitors. My main is running through a cable splitter so I can hotswap it with my xbox. First of all it wouldn't recognise my monitors native resolution at all so I changed it on nvidia's control panel (GTS 250 Zotac 1GB edition) and it was fine. Until, I came to play any game it won't recognise 1680x1050 and I have the option of 1600x1024 or 1600x1200. My monitor can't display the x1200 res and image quality is horrific on the x1024 res. I have installed every game again to no sucess and it happens on Crysis, Left 4 dead 1 & 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Garry's Mod, Unreal Tournament 1-3, and Modern Warfare 2. If i don't use the splitter its fine but obviously I got it to save time not swapping cables. Any ideas?

System Info:
E2140 @ 1.6 ghz
ECS Livermore8 Intel 945G Socket 775
2GB DDR2 677mhz
nVidia GTS 250
OCZ modXtreme 600w PSU
320GB Seagate Barracuda
Window Vista 32bit

This was bought from pc world and i have added the graphics card and changed case if thats relevant at all.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts