1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NatuarlPoint TrackIR3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hotdog-GB, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hotdog-GB

Hotdog-GB Thread Starter

Hi all,

Got a problem with my TrackIR3 pro. When I come to install it, windows carnt seem to find or see the drivers for it. It comes up in the Device manager as USB Device with the yellow dot next to the "?" mark, in the "Other Devices Section".

I've done a clean format of my H/D. And installed just the basics I need to run my PC and get on the net. And using the standerd hardware I have. The strange thing is, is that all was fine with it and had no problems at all.

Then when I came to install it after a H/D format, windows just did not want to see the drivers at all, even the one's that came with it. So I'm not sure if SP2 might have some thing to do with it.

Hope one of you brains on ere can help, as NaturalPoint carnt seem to help.

Thanks Guys...........
    Andy (",)

2. qldit

qldit

Good Morning Hotdog, actually I don't know what a TrackIR3 is, but your problem sounds vaguely similar to not having your motherboard drivers loaded.
    When you do a clean load with Windows it commonly happens that the generic thingo's are loaded to provide operation but still require other sofware to be loaded to allow proper operation specific to that motherboards architecture.
    If this situation exists it could explain your odd problem.

In my experience it is not uncommon for SP-2 to cause problems when it is loaded over the top of a previous system using AMD processors.
    The fix is to make a "slipstreamed" version of Windows using an integrating program where the SP-2 update is "mixed" with your version of windows xp as to produce a third file which can then be burned to a CD as to produce a bootable well behaved system install. This is not a complex procedure but needs to be done in steps. The program is called "Autostreamer.exe" and really is worthwhile knowing about for anyone with problems after having loaded SP-2 over an AMD system. For some reason Intel systems don't have the problem.

How much do you want for the woman? Can she speak properly? There are a lot of Pommies that can't speak Australian at all!! Does she have good teeth!(LOL).
    Cheers, qldit

3. Hotdog-GB

Hotdog-GB Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply QLDT.

I'll give that program a try. TrackIR3 is a motion tracker for your head, Think of your self sat in a cockpit in a flying game. you look left (in the real world) and the in game view looks left, You look right(in the real world) and the in game view looks right.

It has 6 POV (Points Of View) Left, Right, Up, Down, Zoom in and Zoom out. Great for Sim games and also for mouse Emulation on screen.

I'm going to try and install my Mobo drivers over the top of SP2 and see wot happens, but I will deff give that program a try. Thanks

BTW..

Being such as a nice guy that I am :D I have taken it upon my self to save the male poperlation of this planit. And become her keeper :D :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice