1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NAV 2004 Install Properly?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Bill,MCSE, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bill,MCSE

Bill,MCSE Thread Starter

Good Day All,
    Trying to Install NAV 2004 from Proprietary CD from Symantec, Inc. Have NAV 2002 on box Win 98 SE OS on Presario 5000 Compaq Desktop System. NAV 2004 will not configure to Live Update Status. Previous NAV 2002 Version was up to date pretty much...My previous Subscription ran out 9.5.2004. Could not update over the wire so purchsed new CD from Symantec...
    Do I need to Uninstall the NAV 2002? Is there a work around since I am using Brand new NAV 2004 from CD
    (Not Profess. Edition)? I thought I could Install right over NAV 2002...
    What a probalem...Should not be this difficult...Trying to load on My Mom's Machine IN S.C. & I'm in N.Y. ...
    Please Help...ASAP...My Mom is ready to ditch her Machine...
    Thanx for any & all help...
    Chao, Bill in NYS 9.13.2004

2. mobo

mobo

3. Bill,MCSE

Bill,MCSE Thread Starter

Thanx MOBO I'll try this procedure...Thanx for quick answer as well..
    Bill in NYS

4. Bill,MCSE

Bill,MCSE Thread Starter

MOBO,
    Tried the Symantec scenario you provided. All went OK 'til you try to execute the Icon on Desktop & nothing happens. Is there some Application(s) running in background, i.e. 'First Aid' [Installed on previous Gateway boxes years ago] that had to be removed prior to NAV being functional. Please Advise!!!Thank You.
    Bill in NYS
    13 Sep 2004 1532H DST...

5. mobo

mobo

You could try installing while in safe mode to see if it takes. It is possible that another application may be interfering and that should negate it if infact it is the case.

6. Bill,MCSE

Bill,MCSE Thread Starter

Will try Safe Mode. Thank you once again MOBO...
    Bill in NYS
    14 Sep 2004
    1726H DST
    PS: There must be a way; Man made it Man can fix it. Chao !!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice