1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NAV 2006 does not support the repair feature

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by LJborn, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LJborn

LJborn Thread Starter

Anyone know what this error message means? Here is the history: I was having trouble after upgrading Office Pro from 200 to 2003 - getting errors when trying to open Word. Was advised to rename officeav.dll to officeav.old, which I did. Now, every time I turn on my computer I get the following box: "NAV 2006 does not support the repair feature - please uninstall and reinstall" - but when I then click on my Norton Internet Security 2006 and open the center and click on NAV, it shows that everything is on and supposedly working....

Is there anything I can do to stop this box from coming up every time I turn on my computer? Or is there really something wrong that I need to do something about?

I already tried running Live Update, which I was told might update the presumably (originally) corrupt officeav.dll file....

Thanks for your help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!