Nav

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

matz

Hello to all.

After downloading & installing the latest NAV update I was asked to reboot. After doing so my desktop came on no prob but it took about a minute & a half for my comp to log on to the net and become generally functional as oppose to the usual 15 seconds.

I uninstalled NAV and the comp rebooted no probs. I reinstalled it and the booting problem happened again. Any thoughts?

The latest NAV update is called " common client"

Has anyone else experience these problems? I'm running win xp pro sp1. Is it NAV? Is it the OS?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

b.t.w., I tried the fix on the Symantec web site but to no avail.

Matz

Did you try a normal shutdown and reboot after you experienced the slow connect time? I'm wondering if there was something in runonce to complete the update.

I don't update anything in NAV except the virus definitions. I avoid potential problems that way.

It seems your having probems now. I would recommend bringing the product up to it's current supported maintenance levels before trying to proceed with anymore problem determination.

matz

Does anyone know of a complete NAV removal tool? One that leaves no traces of NAV on the computer.

Matz

matz

Originally posted by DVOM:
I don't update anything in NAV except the virus definitions. I avoid potential problems that way.
It seems like the smart thing to do. But isn't "common client" part of the package?

Matz

matz

Originally posted by weeGeordie:
Did you try a normal shutdown and reboot after you experienced the slow connect time? I'm wondering if there was something in runonce to complete the update.
Yes I did, several times infact. I uninstalled & reinstalled NAV 3 times and after each and every time I did live updated, the problem reoccured.

Matz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online