1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Naver LIne problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by korat2000, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. korat2000

korat2000 Thread Starter

I have this IM program from Naver Line which basically is for mobile phones but there is also a version for PC ( Wndows and Win 8 ). I am running Windows 7 and the problem is that I can not send or receive files ( photos or any thing else )
    and I can not make calls either. IM,s do go through and do get to me but nothing else.
    When I try to send a file all I get is unable to send and when a file is sent to me it does not come through. The program
    runs well enough on the mobile phone.

There is nothing about it in the help on the Naver web site and there is no way to contact their support only basic FAQ.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. joe957

joe957

Cannot help with getting it to work on Windows 7. Looks like they only made it for Windows 8.

But, as far as contacting them. Going to their corporate page, I came up with the following.

Hope this helps.

https://contact.line.me/en/

3. korat2000

korat2000 Thread Starter

Yes I tried that one 3 days ago but no one is answering. I cant help thinking that maybe some registry entry is the
    cause of the problem but it not really possible to go through almost 2000 registry entries that have the word "line"
    included. Having said that there are 0 entries that have "naver line" included

4. 2twenty2

2twenty2

5. jmatt

jmatt

Here are comments from the Softpedia link.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Mobile-Phone-Tools/Others/Naver-LINE.shtml

What they don't explain anywhere, is that you MUST have already registered with a mobile device prior to using the desktop version. If you don't own a cell phone (I don't), then you will not be able to log onto LINE just using your desktop pc. Very poorly implemented in my opinion. This needs fixing.

6. korat2000

korat2000 Thread Starter

I am already registered with my cell phone actually long before I used the desktop version. If i was not registered , as you say, I would not be able to log in and use LINE. I have another idea though - I will install LINE on my laptop and see if
    I still have the problem - if not then maybe something is not right on my desktop although it did work a few months
    ago on the desktop.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1144867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice